Behaviour Consultant/Analyst – Permanent, Part Time
January 21, 2019| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 19-013
Position: Behaviour Consultant/Behaviour Analyst – Permanent Part Time
Location: Behaviour Analysis Services – North East (Dawson Creek/Fort St. John)
Hours: 23.5 hours per week, flexible schedule
Are you interested in becoming a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst? We are looking for a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst, or a Behaviour Consultant to join our Sources Behaviour Analysis Services team, in Dawson Creek or Fort St. John! This individual must be either a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst, a Category A RASP qualified Behaviour Consultant, or eligible for supervised fieldwork based on the Behaviour Analyst Certification Board’s requirements.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Northern British Columbia for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Behaviour Analysis Services
The Behaviour Analysis Services program provides evidence based services to families and individuals with Autism, Neurodevelopmental Delays, persistent emotions, mental health, developmental or behavioural needs, or who have experienced trauma, neglect, abuse or separation that contributes to challenging behaviour. Board Certified Behaviour Analysts can (a) conduct Functional Behaviour Assessments and Functional Analysis in order to scientifically understand the challenging behaviour, create targeted and highly effective and efficient Positive Behaviour Support Plans, and support families in implementing those plans; and (b) conduct assessment, create intervention plans, train Behaviour Interventionists and oversee the implementation of intervention plans to augment intervention being provided through the Autism Funding Program. This program is available in rural and remote communities in Northern BC.
- · Conduct Functional Behaviour Assessments and Functional Analysis
- · Create Positive Behaviour Support Plans and Intervention Plans
- · Teach and support caregivers in implementing Positive Behaviour Support Plans
- · Train Behaviour Interventionists
- · Oversee, monitor and modify the implementation of Intervention Plans.
- · Travel to rural and remote communities in throughout the North East (Peace) region of Northern BC.
- · Maintain a home office in Fort St. John or Dawson Creek (equipment provided by Sources).
- · Preference given to candidates with current certification as a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst through the Behaviour Analyst Certification Board and experience working with children with ASD from 0 to 18, children and youth with other neurodevelopmental delays, trauma, and attachment disruption, and providing center, home and community based intervention.
- · Will consider candidates with either (a) a Master’s Degree in a related field (Psychology, Education, Social Work, etc.) who are listed on the Ministry’s Registry of Autism Service Providers; or (b) who currently qualify for or are actively completing their Supervised Independent Fieldwork or Practicum as per the Behaviour Analyst Certification Board’s Experience Standards.
- · Class 5 BC Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle
- · Successful Criminal Record Check
- · Proof of SIN
Start Date: _February 25, 2019
Salary: _$25 to $48 depending on qualifications_
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: _February 15, 2019__, internal candidates will be contacted by __February 15, 2019
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Michael Watt, Regional Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, for fax: (250) 561-1195. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.