Home Share Coordinator – Full Time, Permanent
February 28, 2019| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 19-017
Position: Home Share Coordinator
Location: Ladner, BC
Hours: 35 hours/ Week. Monday to Friday. Flexibility to work on some evenings and weekends is necessary.
We are looking for a Home Share Coordinator to join our Sources Home Share team! This individual must be dynamic, flexible and possess strong interpersonal skills.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Home Share Program
The Home Share Program provides a residential option to adults with developmental disabilities who are looking for a more natural care environment within the community. Individuals share a home with matched, qualified, and screened caregivers, who provide ongoing support in all aspects of the individual’s life. Our Home Share Coordinators play a vital role in ensuring our clients have a safe, stable and supportive home where they can grow and reach their full potential.
- · Assist in the selection and screening process of applicants to become home share providers.
- · Manage a caseload of approximately 25 home shares, monitoring for compliance as per COA and CLBC home sharing standards.
- · Act as a resource to both clients and caregivers and assist with problem solving.
- · Be familiar and well-rehearsed with positive behavioural support techniques and assist caregivers to put them into practice.
- · Develop professional relationships in order to work effectively with families, professionals, clients and other members of the community.
- · Travel to clients home in the community using your personal vehicle.
- · Keep organized, detailed and confidential records on a database system using clear, professional and subjective language.
- · Be able to express him/ herself clearly, both orally and in writing, to clients, co-workers, families and other professionals.
- · Work well both independently and as part of the team.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities
- A degree or diploma in an area related to supporting people with developmental disabilities (Social Services, Human Services or equivalent)
- Ability to act decisively in a crisis situation
- Ability to communicate (both orally and written) with clients, parents, staff, management, and other professionals
- Strong technical skills: Ability to use Word Processor (Word for Windows, Excel, Sharevision) to record data and produce reports
- Successful criminal record check
- Unrestricted Class 5 B.C Driver’s license
- Proof of SIN
- NCI training is provided by Sources upon hiring
- Ability to use personal vehicle for work
Start Date: March 2019 (Date to be determined)
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: March 15, 2019 internal candidates will be contacted by March 18, 2019.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Christine Conlin, Residential Services Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.