Housing Loss Prevention Worker – Full time, permanent
FEBRUARY 26, 2019| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 19-021
Position: Housing Loss Prevention Worker – Full Time
Location: Newton Resource Center
Hours: 35 hrs/week
We are looking for a Housing Loss Prevention Worker to join our Sources Homelessness Partnership Strategy – Prevention Program team! This individual must be eager, motivated, organised, and responsible!
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Homelessness Partnership Strategy – Prevention Program
Provides information, referrals, and advocacy for people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. Services include housing advocacy and assistance to access income support, including communication with government departments, representation at appeals, mediation with landlords, and assistance applying for subsidized housing. Services can also be accessed through partner sites, who book weekly appointments for clients to meet with an advocate.
- · Provides comprehensive housing loss prevention services to marginalized individuals and families at imminent risk of housing loss to maintain their tenancy, access income supports, benefits and/or obtain housing to support housing stability. Services delivered both in office and on multiple partner sites (Surrey & Langley).
- Service includes providing support, information, referral, completion of forms and applications, written communications on behalf of the client, negotiation and mediation, written appeals and representation at tribunals and hearings, also provides assistance with housing search and accessing resources.
- · Assist with program events, presentations, meetings and agency events as required and any other duties as assigned by the manager as necessary.
- · Minimum 2 years post-secondary education and experience in related field.
- · Understanding of advocacy, Provincial and Federal income supports programs and tenancy.
- · An awareness and understanding of poverty and homelessness related issues.
- · Excellent interpersonal communication skills including, informational interviewing for content, public relations, oral and written skills.
- · Self-motivated with well-developed planning, organizing, problem solving and decision making skills. Time management and ability to meet deadlines imperative.
- · Knowledge of local community resources.
- · Must be willing to work the occasional weekend or evening
- · Must have valid BC driver’s license and own vehicle to use for work
- · Criminal Record check required
START DATE: ASAP
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: March 05, 2019, internal candidates will be contacted by March 7, 2019
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Tatiana Belyaeva, Community assistance Program Manager at email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.