Youth Care Worker – Permanent, Full Time
February 8th 2019| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 19-018
Position: Youth Care Worker
Location: Prince George
Hours: 35 hours per week permanent
We are looking for someone who is interested in working as a Youth Care Worker to join our Sources Independent Living Skills Program! The Youth Care worker provides direct one-to-one teaching to youth in their home and community, to help the youth learn the skills they need to increase their independence and assist them in transition into adulthood. The Youth Care worker will work as a part of an interdisciplinary team and under direct mentorship and supervision of a Behavioural Consultant and Board Certified Behaviour Analyst. This individual must possess strong interpersonal skills; work well in a collaborative team environment while possessing excellent communication skills.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Independent Living Skills Program
The Program provides youth in Prince George life skills, transition support and navigation. The Services are based on the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis. The Life Skills Program is designed to cover a wide range of services to assist individuals with strengthening and further developing identified areas within independent life skills, life transitions, and navigating through areas of life, their community, social situations a youth may require assistance with. The Youth Care Worker component of service provides one on one intervention. This service is provided by qualified and highly trained Youth Care Workers directly supervised by Board Certified Behaviour Analysts. The focus person will work with a Youth Care Worker who is specifically trained to implement an individualized intervention plan to teach new communication skills, functional skills, life skills, or address any skill deficits that the focus person may have. The Youth Care Worker will also be responsible for taking data to monitor and ensure effective skill development. This one on one service can take place in our Centre, in the community or in the focus person’s home. One on one intervention provided through the Life Skills program is evidence based best practice in the field of Applied Behaviour Analysis.
- · Using teaching methods to target specific program goals as directed by a Behavioural Consultant and implementing teaching programs and other interventions as outlined on the youth’s Intervention Plan
- · Collecting data, monitoring, recording and reviewing client progress with consultant and other team members
- · Writing monthly progress summaries
- · Attending and participating in regularly scheduled team meetings
- · Responding appropriately to oral and written feedback from the Behavioural Consultant by making necessary changes in order to follow through with suggestions made.
- · The Youth Care Worker will be required to have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Applied Behaviour Analysis, Psychology, Social Work, etc.) and one year experience. A combination of Education and related experience may be considered
- · Valid BC driver’s license
- · Criminal record check required
- · Reliable vehicle
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Start Date: March 1st 2019
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: March 22 2019, internal candidates will be contacted by March 22, 2019
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Colleen Murnaghan email@example.com Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.