Family Support Worker – Temporary, part time
MARCH 25, 2019| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 19-030
Position: Family Support Worker – Temporary, Full Time (one year)
Location: Prince George & surrounding area
Hours: 35 hours per week
We are looking for a Family Support Worker to join our Sources Family Preservation team! This individual must be open, interactive, and have the ability to build a trusting atmosphere.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Family Preservation & Reunification Program
Provides a strengths based model, providing various services, including protective family intervention and reunification services with families referred by MCFD. In consultation with the Program Manager, the Family Support Worker will provide outreach services including, but not limited to: parental behavioural and interactive interventions, life skills, assistance in accessing community supports.
- · Work with families in their homes
- · Liaise with MCFD
- · Provide ongoing referrals
- · Attend relevant meetings including mediation sessions
- · Provide documentation on a daily basis
- · Be involved in clinical and other related assessments
- Bachelor degree in Social Work, Psychology, Child and Youth Care, or another related field
- 1 years’ experience providing therapeutic intervention to families, or other related experience.
- Able to provide intake and assessment.
- Knowledge of MCFD protocol regarding Child Protection and Risk Assessment is an asset.
- Familiar and comfortable working with Microsoft Office products.
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle.
Start Date: ASAP
· Pension plan
· Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: April 5/19. Internal candidates will be contacted by April 5/19
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Judith Desjarlais, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax to 250-561-1195. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.