Secretary – Temporary, Full time
MARCH 6, 2019| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 19-024
Position: Secretary – Temporary, Full time
Location: 301A 8352 130th St., Surrey
Hours: 35 hours per week
We are looking for a Secretary to join our Sources Infant Development Program team! This individual must be an excellent communicator, good with people and have a background in data entry and word processing. This a unioned, H.S.A. position.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Infant Development Program
The Infant Development Program is a primarily home based visiting program working with children at risk for or diagnosed with developmental delays and their families. The program also runs 3 onsite groups throughout the year which invites parents and their children to drop in and learn through playing.
- · Answering phones and greeting guests and families in the reception area.
- · Managing the data base – entering new information on existing clients and on new referrals.
- · Working with the clinical supervisor to prepare files and distribute letters for new referrals.
- · Managing the petty cash in terms of accounting and requistions.
- · Proof reading reports and letters for staff
- · Photocopying forms and filing
- · General office maintenance
- · Experience in Word Perfect and data entry required
- · Secretarial training preferred but not required
- · Good organizational skills
- · Good written and spoken communication skills
- · Clean criminal record check
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: 17.21 but negotiable with experience.
Note: This is a temporary position to cover a medical leave. The duration of this position is unknown at this time however there will be some flexibility in terms of end date considering the needs of the applicant and there may be opportunities for future employment as a temp covering vacation/illness.
Benefits (if position is longer than 3 months):
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: March 14 , internal candidates will be contacted by March 15
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Yvonne Adebar, Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.