Disability Support Advocate – Temporary, part time
APRIL 25, 2019| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 19-046
Position: Disability Support Advocate, Canada Summer Jobs
Location: Sources Life Skills Centre
Hours: 30 hrs/ week (Monday-Friday), Temporary, 8 week duration
We are looking for a Disability Support Advocate to join our Sources Life Skills Centre team! This individual must be organized, creative, and compassionate.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Life Skills Centre
The Life Skills program is a multi-faceted service that has been running since the early 80’s, offering individuals a wide range of center and community-based services. Our diverse, talented and experienced staff continually strive to expand the participant’s horizons and life opportunities. We place a strong emphasis on developing confidence through meaningful activities and learning experiences that promote healthy relationships, self-expression, and inclusiveness for clients in their own communities. Person-centred, we endeavour to assist a range of clients in progressing to their highest potential while also providing on-going supports to ensure long-term stability and quality of life.
- · Be responsible for planning and facilitating both centre based and community based activities for program participants
- · Direct client support through modelling and teaching
- · Supporting clients with personal care needs
- · Reporting and documentation of activities and occurrences throughout the program
- · Engaging in positive and meaningful supports with service users
- · Working with a team of staff in maintaining a safe, nurturing, and positive environment in efforts to achieve program purpose and mission
- · Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative and actively use critical thinking skills
- · Preference given to those with life skills training experience along with theatre, arts and culture, swimming and a wide variety of recreation and leisure activities
- · Preference given to those with training and experience working with clients with behavioural challenges, issues related to mental health or dual diagnosis.
- · Ability to pass a Criminal Record check is required.
- · Comfort and familiarity with the use of Windows related programs and internet resources is essential.
- · Must be between the ages of 15-30 years old.
Start Date: earliest start date May 20th, 2019 until latest end date of August 31st, 2019 (8 week maximum duration of position)
Closing Date: May 10th, 2019 , short listed candidates will be contacted by May 13th, 2019
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Jason Cusator, Community Inclusion Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.