Logistics & Operations Coordinator – Permanent, Part Time
April 16, 2019| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 19-041
Position: Logistics & Operations Coordinator
Location: Surrey Newton – Sources Food Hub 13483 72 Ave, Surrey, BC V3W 2N7
Hours: 30 hours per week; Monday to Friday 9:30 am to 4:00 pm (negotiable)
Sources is developing a pilot project to address food waste in the City of Surrey. Through a centralized Food Hub and partnerships of like-minded organizations, we aim to prevent, reduce and divert foods that will increase food security and grow our local economy.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
The Logistics & Operations Coordinator of the Sources Food Hub will develop and oversee the operations of a centralized food re-distribution and processing centre, reducing food waste and strengthening food security in our communities. This individual will collaborate with key Sources staff and community stakeholders to operate a community and incubator commercial kitchen. Key collaborators include farms, retailers, citizens and community service agencies.
Includes but not limited to the following:
- · Assist with the design and retrofitting of the food hub space including equipment.
- · Develop agreements with organizations/suppliers for shared use of the Food Hub.
- · Build and maintain working relationships with distribution partners, community organizations and other stakeholders.
- · Be the primary point of contact for order logistics and distribution; explore and test logistical models for distribution channels and depots.
- · Maintain stock management, product intake and output, and other metrics
- · Assist with educational and outreach efforts.
- · Identify ways to improve and work toward the sustainability of the Food Hub program
- · Collaborate on business planning, fundraising efforts, grant proposals and reports, software testing as needed.
- · Work collaboratively with staff and volunteers.
- · Participate in the Food Hub maintenance work including recycling, cleaning, organizing.
- · Commitment to reducing local food waste and strengthening local food systems.
- · Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Agriculture, Food Systems)
- · Three years of experience in the operations of a business related to food systems.
- · Experience in logistics and/or warehouse management.
- · Proactive, entrepreneurial attitude and eagerness to identify new opportunities for Food Hub growth.
- · Computer skills with the ability to learn new food systems software
- · Excellent written, oral and relationship development skills.
- · Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving work environment while prioritizing tasks and managing workload.
- · Self-starter with the ability to work independently, as well as collaborate with others in a team setting.
- · Physically fit and able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- · Knowledge /awareness/sensitivity re: poverty, food insecurity ( issues, impact, causes, and solutions)
- · Valid Class 5 driver’s license and ability to drive an extended cargo van.
Start Date: ASAP
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental , long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous vacation
Closing Date: April 26, 2019, internal candidates will be contacted by April 30, 2019.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Denise Darrell, Executive Director of Community Services email@example.com . Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.