Assistant Behaviour Consultant – Full Time, Temporary
May 21, 2019| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 19-058
Position: Assistant Behaviour Consultant North
Location: Prince George
Hours: 35/hrs. week Full time temporary position with benefits (until approx.. July 2020)
We are looking for an Assistant Consultant to join our Sources Behaviour Analysis and Consultation team! This individual must be eager, motivated, organized and possess superior communication skills.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, any d hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Behaviour Analysis and Consultation Program North
The Behaviour Analysis and Consultation Program is designed to cover a wide range of services for persons with neurodevelopmental needs, including Autism, trauma, attachment disruption, and mental health where behavioural challenges are causing functional impairment in the home, school or community. Families can access caregiver training, a behaviour support plan and with one on one guidance and support to implement the skills taught during the parent training sessions. Families experiencing higher levels of challenging behaviour with children/youth will receive a more individualized approach to service. A Functional Analysis is completed; a comprehensive plan is created with the family and Analyst, and the Assistant Consultant meets with the family to support the family in their homes to implement the Positive Behaviour Support Plan.
- · Duties include conducting Assessments, conduct Positive Behaviour Training Sessions for families, and monitor support strategies for families of children with Developmental Disabilities.
- · Must be able to work flexible hours to meet the needs of clients.
- · Position is clinically supervised by a BCBA, which can be used towards certification hours.
- · Involves reimbursement for travel.
- · Requires a home office (equipment is provided)
- · Training other team members (school staff, counsellors, etc.) when required
- · Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Psychology, Education, Social Work, etc.)
- · 2 years related experience
- · Proof of SIN
- · Criminal Record Check is Required
Start Date: July 15th 2019
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: June 30th 2019
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Colleen Murnaghan. –firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.