Customized Employment Specialist – Permanent, Full Time
May 27, 2019| INTERNAL/ EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 19-061
Position: Customized Employment Specialist– Permanent Full-Time (Life Skills – Cloverdale)
Location: Enrichment Services Centre – Surrey (Cloverdale)
Hours: 35 hrs/wk
Must be flexible based on the needs of the person served/employer: This will include weekends and evenings.
We are looking for two Customized Employment Developers to join our Sources Enrichment Services Cloverdale team! These individuals must be responsive, outgoing, and enjoy working in a team environment.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Enrichment Service Cloverdale
The Enrichment Services in Cloverdale is a new and innovative multi-faceted location that is offering a variety of services and supports for adults within the community living sector, including customized and supported employment services. The vision of the service is to provide meaningful and lasting employment opportunities for those individuals who have experienced barriers in their desire to work.
The Customized Employment Specialist will provide customized employment development, supported job search and placement services to persons with disabilities, including discovery, developing employment profiles, working collaboratively with the case management team and clients’ personal supports to develop employment plans and client portfolios. The Customized Employment Specialist has a key role undertaking marketing activities and working with employers to create work experience and jobs that match the clients’ interests, abilities and skill sets and results in paid employment opportunities for clients.
- 1. An undergraduate degree or diploma or appropriate combination of education and experience in community support, social services, and/or employment/career development field.
- 2. Minimum 2 years direct experience in the employment services field; employment counselling, case management and/or job development, and preferably working with persons with disabilities.
- 3. Knowledge and experience working with individuals with a range of disabilities; physical, mental health and developmental disabilities.
- 4. Knowledge of and /or experience in Customized Employment/ Job Development, preferred.
- 5. Knowledge of Employment Standards Act and Charter of Rights.
- 6. Genuine interest in supporting persons with disabilities with a results oriented focus.
- 7. ‘People person’ who is comfortable networking and engaging others with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders; job seekers, business/employers, families, peer groups and community agencies / organizations.
- 8. Working knowledge of community based resources with a strong understanding of the labour market.
- 9. Effective communication skills, creative problem solving ability and strong organizational skills.
- 10. Self motivated with the ability to multi-task, take initiative, and work independently and effectively in a team environment.
- 11. Ability to organize, facilitate and lead instructional workshops.
- 12. Strong administrative ability and computer proficiency with emphasis on MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Internet and data management systems.
- 13. Driver’s license and reliable transportation; travel is required.
- 14. Standard First Aid/ CPR certification
ALL POSITIONS DESIGNATED BY SOURCES COMMUNITY RESOURCE CENTRES REQUIRE A CRIMINAL RECORDS REVIEW PRIOR TO AN APPLICANT BEING EMPLOYED IN ANY CAPACITY. CERTAIN POLICE RECORDS MAY PRECLUDE APPOINTMENT TO CERTAIN POSITIONS.
Start Date: ASAP
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: June 21st, 2019, shortlisted candidates will be contacted by June 24th, 2019
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Jason Cusator, Community Inclusion Manager, email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.