Volunteer Services Assistant – Temporary, Full Time
MAY 16, 2019| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 18-057
Position: Volunteer Services Assistant – (Summer Student) – 12 week contract
Location: Volunteer Services – Maple Street
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 4:30 pm. Must be available for some weekends and evenings.
We are looking for a Volunteer Services Assistant to join our Sources Volunteer Services team! This individual must be energetic, creative and passionate about bringing communities together.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Volunteer Services
Sources’ Volunteer Services is designed to support social wellness for individuals and communities through volunteerism. Through our office, we provide direct services to the community to ensure health and wellness services are accessible, and support the entire organization’s mission through the strength of volunteerism. Volunteer Services provides an excellent opportunity for a student to explore the benefits of working in a non-profit environment, to gain valuable knowledge of services available to the community and to work together with the community for the health of our most vulnerable members.
- · Assist with the coordination with the annual Volunteer Appreciation Event.
- · Assist with the coordination of Sources entry into the White Rock Sea Festival Torchlight Parade.
- · Assist with the coordination and attend other local community events bringing awareness about Sources’ volunteer opportunities and services.
- · Assist with the operations of Sources’ Volunteer Services and Women’s Place including the support of volunteers and provision of service to clients.
- · Assist with the start-up operations of the Sources Food Hub and Gleaning project.
- · Assist with maintaining statistical data, reporting requirements and data entry.
- · Other duties as required.
- · Good administrative and technical skills in using standard office equipment, Microsoft Office, and some graphic design tools.
- · Good interpersonal communication skills, oral and written.
- · Willingness to taken on new challenges and learn new skills in the areas of leadership, public speaking and event coordination.
- · Passionate about social issues and making direct impact in the areas of women’s rights, seniors’ inclusivity, hunger solutions, decreasing food waste, and more.
- · Possesses an understanding of the issues related to poverty and has the ability to handle sensitive client issues with tact and non-judgement.
- · Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- · A valid driver’s license and own vehicle is an asset.
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: May 24, 2019, internal candidates will be contacted by May 24, 2019.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Carrie Belanger, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.