Child & Youth Worker/Behaviour Consultant – Permanent, Part Time
July 8th 2019| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO: 19-082
Position: Child and Youth Worker/Behaviour Consultant
Location: Fort Nelson, BC
Hours: 28 hours per week, permanent part time
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George, Dawson
Creek, Fort St John and Fort Nelson for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Behaviour Intervention and Mental Health & Positive Behaviour Support
The Sources Behaviour Intervention and Mental Health program a community based outreach service that offers one-on-one intervention in the community or clients’ home to children and youth aged 6-18. Clients must be referred by either the Ministry of Child and Family Development Child and Youth Mental health services, or the Children and Youth with Special Needs services. Individuals are connected to natural supports in the community. Some of the goals which may be included;
- · Skill-building (social skills, life skills, anger management, problem solving, self-regulation)
- · Assist in gradual exposure for anxiety and depression
- · Transition to Independent living
- · Mentor and model positive behaviour
- · Collaborate with schools, families, and other community supports
The Sources Behaviour Analysis & Consultation Program provides Parent Training Sessions to families with children and youth with Neurodevelopmental disorders and behaviour challenges. The approach we use is Positive Behaviour Support and Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA). Positive Behaviour Support is a systematic and planned approach to preventing or reducing challenging behaviours and positively addresses socially significant behaviours to affect a better quality of life for your child. Applied Behaviour Analysis is a group of intervention strategies that are often used as a part of a Positive Behaviour Support approach to modify, prevent, and or teach skills. Together, our approach uses a set of assessment-based strategies delivered to the client’s caregivers that combine the science of behaviour; information about your child’s physical and mental health; and person centered values.
- · The Child and Youth Worker/Behaviour Consultant is a blend of two positions providing behaviour modification and skills training.
- · As the Child and Youth Worker, you will be providing intervention for youth with mental health challenges and/or developmental disabilities.
- · You will support the goals as directed by the referring Mental Health Clinician. Activities may include; socialization, symptom reduction and skill development.
- · The worker will also be responsible for liaising with Mental Health therapist, report writing, data collection and analysis, and case management.
- · As the Behaviour Consultant, duties include conducting various Assessments, providing Parent Training Sessions, which includes the development of a positive behaviour support plan with the caregivers.
- · Conduct in home observation meetings to assisting families to carry out the strategies learned in the parent training session, monitor support strategies for families of children with Developmental Disabilities.
- · Must be able to work flexible hours to meet the needs of clients.
- · Position is clinically supervised by a BCBA which can be used towards certification hours.
- · Involves reimbursement for travel.
- · Requires a home office (equipment is provided) and vehicle.
- · Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Psychology, Education, Social Work, etc.);
- · 2 years related experience.
- · Proof of SIN
- · Criminal Record Check is required.
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: August 8th 2019
How to apply:
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate where you saw this posting on your application.