Family Therapist – Temporary, Part Time
July 8, 2019| INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 19-080
Position: Family Therapist- Temp (1 Year Term), Part-time
Location: Family Services Program – White Rock
Hours: 18 hours/week, flexibility required.
We are looking for a Family Therapist to join our Family Services Program team! This position requires strong interpersonal skills and a strengths based, resourceful clinical approach.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Family therapist provides therapy to families and family members referred by the Ministry of Child and Family Development. Therapist will assess, formulate and carry out case plans for effective intervention with families dealing with a child or youth with mental health challenges or with families referred by the child protection system. Working with a trauma informed perspective, interventions will range from brief to longer term. This position requires a strong team player who can effectively liaise with social workers and clinicians.
- · Develop appropriate therapeutic goals to meet client needs
- · Provide individual and family counseling
- · Work collaboratively with referral sources
- · Participates in Integrated Case Management and case conferences where required.
- · Provides families with referral to appropriate community resources where required.
- Graduate (MA) degree in counselling psychology or counseling related discipline
- Training in Trauma Informed Practice, Attachment and family systems an asset
- At least 2 years providing therapy to families
- Basic understanding of substance use issues, effects of trauma on development, parenting and attachment
- Experience with clients dealing with family conflict or domestic violence
- Experience facilitating group therapy an asset
- Criminal record check required
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Cultural sensitivity
- Strong understanding of the child protection system and applicable acts
Start Date: September 3, 2019
- Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: July 31, 2019
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Program Manager, Family Services at firstname.lastname@example.org Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.