Job Developer – Permanent Full Time
COMPETITION NO. 19-087
Position: Job Developer – Permanent Full Time
Location: Newton and/or Panorama Place
Hours: 35 hours per week
We are looking for a Job Developer to join our Sources Empowered for Employment Services team! This individual must be able to work with multi-barriered clients, have excellent presentation skills and be flexible to perform a variety of duties.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Empowered for Employment Services
Empowered for Employment Services provide 1:1 and group support to survivors of violence, youth, multi-barriered individuals and older workers who want to make positive changes in their lives and prepare for successful transition to employment. Participants learn personal management skills, job search skills, acquire skills training and are supported for obtaining and maintaining work.
- Work collaboratively with team members and job seeking clients to target job opportunities that meet the client(s) identified employment goal(s).
- Develop relationships with local businesses and employers and promote placement/job development services
- Maintain an updated employer database including current catalogue of employment opportunities.
- Provide job leads for clients, determine employment requirements and assess client’s qualifications and suitability ensuring quality job matching.
- Develop unpaid/paid work experience and liaise with employers to negotiate employment terms, monitor placements, follow up and address any issues to promote
- placement success and employment retention.
- An undergraduate degree or diploma or combination of relevant education, professional experience and industry training in career development, social work, or
- marketing/ public relations. RRP and/or CCDP designation preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in employment services field.
- Minimum two (2) years job placement /recruiting experience.
- Service oriented, culturally competent and adaptable to working in a variety of settings with a diverse employer and client base.
- Knowledge and experience working with various individuals with multiple barriers to employment.
Start Date: August 01, 2019
Benefits (if applicable):
100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
Employee & Family Assistance plan
Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: July 22, 2019
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to sources.careers @gmail.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.