Program Assistant – Permanent Part Time
COMPETITION NO. 19-088
Position: Program Assistant – Permanent Part-Time
Location: Newton and/or Panorama Place
Hours: 28 hours per week
We are looking for a Program Assistant to join our Sources Empowered for Employment Services team! This individual must be able to work with multi-barriered clients, have excellent presentation skills and be flexible to perform a variety of duties.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Empowered for Employment Services
Empowered for Employment Services provide 1:1 and group support to survivors of violence, youth, multi-barriered individuals and older workers who want to make positive changes in their lives and prepare for successful transition to employment. Participants learn personal management skills, job search skills, acquire skills training and are supported for obtaining and maintaining work.
- Provide relevant information to callers over the telephone, in person and/or via email.
- Perform initial screening and assessment of potential clients ensuring basic eligibility are met and identifying types of services required.
- Receive and greet visitors to the centre and assist and direct as necessary; schedule appointments and provide service orientation to all new clients to the centre.
- Enter client information into Ministry’s and Sources’ database.
- Provide administrative support to all staff including photocopying, filing, word processing for documents, forms, reports, and assisting with preparation of documents and materials as required.
- Act as back-up staff to team members.
- Diploma or certificate in Office Administration or equivalent combination of related education, training and experience Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in employment services field.
- Minimum 3 years in an Administrative role, preferably within community or employment services environment.
- Experience working with diverse customer/client populations.
- Proficient with business technology; advanced computer/technical skills and experience, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), social media, and internet navigation and research.
Start Date: August 01, 2019
Benefits (if applicable):
100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
Employee & Family Assistance plan
Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: July 22, 2019
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to sources.careers @gmail.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.