Family Support Worker – Temporary, Full Time
AUGUST 2, 2019| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 19-096
Position: Family Support Worker – Temporary, Full Time (1.5 years)
Location: Prince George
Hours: 35 hours per week
We are looking for a Family Support Worker to join our Sources Family Preservation team! This individual must be open, interactive, and have the ability to build a trusting atmosphere.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Family Preservation & Reunification Program
Working within a strengths based model, the Family Support Worker will provide various services, will have a team environment to work within. Will also be required to work independently.
- · Family intervention/reunification
- · Visitation and access
- · Outreach services to families including referrals and community supports
- · Comfortable with computers for recording and reporting
- · Participate in team management and clinical sessions
- · Participate in education initiatives
- · Provide transportation when required
- Bachelor degree in Social Work, Psychology, Child and Youth Care, or another related field
- 1 years’ experience providing therapeutic intervention to families, or other related experience.
- Able to provide intake and assessment.
- Knowledge of MCFD protocol regarding Child Protection and Risk Assessment is an asset.
- Familiar and comfortable working with Microsoft Office products.
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle.
Start Date: ASAP
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: August 17, 2019. Internal candidates will be contacted by August 20, 2019
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Judith Desjarlais, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax to 250-561-1195. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.