Family Support Worker – Temporary, Full Time
AUGUST 2, 2019| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 19-095
Position: Family Support Worker – Temporary Full-Time
Location: Dawson Creek, BC
Hours: 35 hours per week
We are looking for a Family Support Worker to join our Sources Family Support program! This individual must be open, interactive, and have the ability to build a trusting atmosphere.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George and northern BC for over 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Family Support Northeast Program
Provides a strengths based model, providing various services, including protective family intervention and reunification services with families referred by MCFD. In consultation with the Program Manager, the Family Support Worker will provide outreach services including, but not limited to: parental behavioural and interactive interventions, life skills, and assistance in accessing community supports.
- · Work with families in their homes and the community
- · Liaise with MCFD
- · Provide ongoing referrals
- · Attend relevant client centered meetings
- · Provide documentation as needed/required
- · Be involved in clinical and other related assessments
- Bachelor degree in Social Work, Psychology, Child and Youth Care, or another related field
- 1 year experience providing therapeutic intervention to families, or other related experience.
- Able to provide intake and assessment.
- Knowledge of MCFD protocol regarding Child Protection and Risk Assessment is an asset.
- Familiar and comfortable working with Microsoft Office products.
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle.
- Home office required for documentation purposes (not client service delivery)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Benefits (if applicable):
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: August 9, 2019, internal candidates will be contacted by August 9, 2019
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Judith Desjarlais, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax to 250-561-1195. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.