Infant Development Consultant
AUGUST 22, 2019| INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 19-102
Position: Full Time Infant Development Consultant: Early Years Hub (requires H.S.A. union membership)
Location: Infant Development Program – 301A 8352 130th St.
Hours: 35 per week
We are looking for an Infant Development Consultant to join our Sources Infant Development Program team! This individual must be outgoing, passionate about children and self-motivated. This position involves supporting families through home visiting and community program development.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Infant Development Program
The Infant Development Program is a home visiting program for families with children from birth to 3 years of age at risk or diagnosed with developmental delays. IDP consultants is a rewarding position where you are able to make a real difference to families by supporting them during what is often a very challenging time in their lives. It is an opportunity to learn about different cultures and family systems and to work closely with community professionals in related fields while helping the family to work through issues. This position is a part of the Early Years Hub a program run in partnership with the Surrey Child Development Centre.
Early Years Hub (approximately 28 hours per week)
- · Program development as part of the Early Years Hub team
- · Meetings for program planning and evaluation
- · Leading drop in groups for families
- · Providing developmental consults and information to families
Infant Development Program (approximately 7 hours per week)
- · Booking and attending home visits
- · Working as a team with community professionals
- · Assessment completion and report writing
- · Maintenance of files
- · Working independently on caseload
- · Working as team on program events and processes
- · A degree in a related filed (Early Childhood Education preferred)
- · Minimum one year experience as an Infant Development Consultant
- · Strong background in child development (early years)
- · Experience planning and implementing early childhood experiences for families
- · Knowledge of the city of Surrey and existing community resources
- · Training and experience in working with young children and families essential
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- · A second language is desirable
- · A cell phone, valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle are required for work
- · Criminal record check is required
Start Date: September 9, 2019.
Salary: $27.22 to $31.71 (to be determined at hire)
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: August 30, 2019 – internal candidates will be contacted by September 3, 2019
To apply please contact Yvonne Adebar Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org