Program Coordinator – Permanent, Full Time
Sept. 24, 2019|INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 19-100R
Position: Georgia House Program Coordinator – Permanent Full-Time (This position requires CUPE membership)
Location: Georgia House – Delta (Ladner)
Hours: 40 hrs/wk Floater position: Hours to be determined monthly based on the client needs of the program. This position requires flexibility in availability as shift days and times will vary. Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings is required.
We are looking for a Program Coordinator to join our Sources Community Living Residential team! This individual must be organized, possess strong interpersonal skills, and be confident and competent in leading and directing others.
This is a change to an existing Georgia house position and not an additional position.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Community Living
Sources Community Living provides all-encompassing care for residents who have been referred to us by Community Living British Columbia. We are a COA accredited non-profit agency and are licensed by Fraser Health Community Care. Georgia House is one of Sources many community living programs that provide residence with a Community Inclusion component to adults with developmental disabilities and/or autism who require assistance in their day to day lives. Our mission is to enable the pursuit of the best quality of life possible for residents. We do this by fostering independence, well-being and social participation and our Program Coordinators play a vital role in this development.
- · Planning, developing, implementing, and overseeing the day-to-day activities of the Georgia House program.
- · To actively participate in program development and evaluation, ensuring staff team remain on track with service outcomes and organization goals.
- · Assisting the Georgia House Management team in providing orientation, training, work direction and guidance to Residential Care Workers.
- · Ensuring that clients’ physical, emotional, social, educational, medical needs are being met and directly assists clients to enhance quality of life and personal life goals while receiving services within Georgia House.
- · To work directly with clients in the program to ensure program commitments are being met and delivered safely.
- · Ensuring that all OH&S, Policy and Procedures, Accreditation regulations and all other relevant governing obligations are being adhered to by the program and staff team.
- · Maintaining a safe work environment for both staff and service users alike, including following and monitoring all positive behavior support strategies as they apply to clients in service. This includes being confident and familiar with Non-Violent Crisis Intervention material so as to guide and teach staff effectively in adhering to concepts taught.
- · Liaise and maintain professional relationships with parents, clients, community partners and various other program stakeholders.
- · Keep organized, detailed and confidential records on a database system using clear, professional and objective language.
- – A minimum 2 years of post-secondary education (preferably in social sciences)
- – A minimum of 2 years working experience in the community living sector
- – A combination of the above
- – Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- – Confidence and competence with being in a leadership position, including directing others and coordinating programming logistical needs.
- – Have a working understanding of the Performance & Quality Improvement process
- – Strong working knowledge with positive behavior support strategies as well as general knowledge of the community living population.
- – Must be in fit enough physical condition to directly support clients in service as well as confident and competent in managing clients in crisis exhibiting physical risk behaviours.
- – High competence level in clear and concise verbal and written communication, including an excellent skillset in writing and editing of reports as well as general communications to various stakeholders including families, funders, and community partners.
- – High proficiency level in using Microsoft Office and Share Vision applications.
- – Willingness to gain additional knowledge and education is an asset.
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: $22.02 per hour
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: October 9, 2019
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Christine Conlin, Manager of Residential Services, email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.