Residential Care Worker – Casual
SEPTEMBER 24, 2019| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 19-114
Position: Residential Care Worker – Casual
Location: Georgia House
Hours: A variety of shifts: days, afternoons, including overnights.
We are looking for a Casual Residential Care Worker to join our Sources Community Living Residential team! This individual must be reliable, flexible and possess a strong interpersonal skill.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Community Living Residential Programs
Sources Community Living provides all-encompassing care for residents who have been referred to us by Community Living British Columbia. We are a COA accredited non-profit agency and are licensed by Fraser Health Community Care. Georgia House is one of Sources many community living programs that provide residence with a Community Inclusion component to adults with developmental disabilities and/or autism who require assistance in their day to day lives. Our mission is to enable the pursuit of the best quality of life possible for residents. We do this by fostering independence, well-being and social participation and our Residential Care Workers play a vital role in this development.
- To develop a supportive rapport with clients and actively seek out new opportunities for clients as related to their specific goals and objectives
- To teach and assist clients in all aspects of daily living, personal care and communication supports
- To be comfortable supporting clients exhibiting risk behaviours
- To transport clients in the community using program vehicle
- To be comfortable with providing personal care for clients
- To be competent with data entry, report writing, log notes
- To liaise with client stakeholders including family member, community and professionals
- – A minimum 2 years of post-secondary education (preferably in social sciences)
- – A minimum of 2 years working experience in the community living sector
- – Or a combination of the above
- – Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- – Strong working knowledge with positive behavior support strategies as well as general knowledge of the community living population.
- – Must be in fit enough physical condition to directly support clients in service as well as confident and competent in managing clients in crisis exhibiting physical risk behaviours.
- – High competence level in clear and concise verbal and written communication
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: $19.45 as per CUPE wage grid
· As per CUPE collective agreement
Closing Date: October 9, 2019, internal candidates will be contacted by October 11, 2019.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Wendy Orlando, Program Manager- Georgia House, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.