Youth Case Manager/Facilitator – Permanent, Full Time
SEPT. 9, 2019| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 19-104
Position: _Permanent Youth Case Manager/Facilitator, Empowered for Employment Services_
Location: _Sources Panorama Resource Centre_
Hours: __35 hours per week_
We are looking for a Youth Case Manager/Facilitator to join our Sources Empowered for Employment team! This individual must be able to work with Youth with multiple challenges, understanding their needs, and support them to overcome their barriers to achieve employment.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Empowered for Employment Services
Empowered for Employment Programs provide employment support to various clients including Survivors of Violence, Older Workers, Multi-Barriered individuals and Youth.
- · Determine client’s eligibility for program acceptance and complete a comprehensive assessment to assess job readiness and level of employment supports required as related to employability.
- · In collaboration with client, develop realistic action plans that define goals and intervention strategies that support clients’ transition to employment success.
- · Facilitate one on one, online and group workshops on job search, life skills and essential skills topics
- · Refer clients to appropriate employment and community-based services including specialized services such as housing, legal aid, addictions etc.
- · Determine needs for skills training and eligibility for financial supports, administer financial supports and keep accurate records.
- · Monitor all clients on a regular basis to ensure follow-through and effectiveness of service delivery.
- · Provide post-placement supports where needed
- A degree in social science or equivalent education and experience (Career Development Practitioner certificate, Community and Social Services diploma) in community, education, social services, employment/career development – CCDP designation preferred.
- Minimum 3 years direct experience in employment services/career development in a case management and facilitation capacity.
- Experience with and ability to work with diverse client populations including individuals with multiple barriers and persons with disabilities.
- Understanding of local labour market and ability to acquire and utilize labour market information.
- Exceptional customer service skills combined with professional demeanor and ability to build rapport with a variety of clients and individuals and diffuse difficult situations in a tactful manner, appropriately resolving client concerns and issues as they arise.
- Criminal record check required
Start Date: ASAP
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: _Until position is filled. internal candidates will be contacted by Sep 16, 2019
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.