Assistant Behaviour Consultant – Temporary, Full Time
November 6, 2019| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 19-128
Position: Assistant Behaviour Consultant North West
Location: Prince Rupert BC
Hours: 35/hrs. week Full time temporary position
We are looking for an Assistant Behaviour Consultant to join our Sources Behaviour Analysis and Consultation team! This individual must be eager, motivated, organized and possess superior communication skills.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, any d hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Behaviour Analysis and Consultation Program
The Behaviour Analysis and Consultation (BAC) program is designed to cover a wide range of services for persons with a wide range of neurodevelopmental needs, including Autism, trauma, attachment disruption, and mental health where behavioural challenges are causing functional impairment in the home, school, or community. The BAC program provides families of children with Autism in rural and remote communities’ access to RASP qualified professionals to assess, develop Intervention Plans, and oversee Behaviour Intervention funded through MCFD’s Autism Funding Program. The BAC program also provides in home Consultation to address challenging behaviours. Upon intake, families undergo and initial needs assessment to determine their level of need. Families can then access caregiver training, a Behaviour Analyst to conduct a Functional Behaviour Assessment and create a Positive Behaviour Support Plan, or a combination of both. The BAC program provides a multi-tiered behaviour support model, in rural and remote communities, that allows staff to tailor services around each family’s unique needs.
- · Duties include conducting Assessments and observations,
- · conduct Positive Behaviour Training Sessions for families, and monitor support strategies for families of children with Developmental Disabilities.
- · Implement Comprehensive Plans developed by Behaviour Analysts with the families/caregivers
- · Must be able to work flexible hours to meet the needs of clients.
- · Position is clinically supervised by a BCBA, which can be used towards certification hours.
- · Requires a home office (equipment is provided)
- · Training other team members (school staff, counsellors, etc.) when required
- · Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Psychology, Education, Social Work, etc.)
- · 2 years related experience
- · Proof of SIN
- · Criminal Record Check is Required
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: November 20th 2019
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Colleen Murnaghan, Manager of Behaviour Servicesemail@example.com
Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.