Board Certified Behaviour Analyst – Permanent, Full time
November 6, 2019| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. #19-130
Position: Board Certified Behaviour Analyst-Permanent Full Time
Location: Prince Rupert, BC
Hours: 35 hours/week
We are looking for a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst to join our Sources Behaviour Analysis and Consultation team!
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Behaviour Analysis and Consultation Program
The Behaviour Analysis and Consultation (BAC) program is designed to cover a wide range of services for persons with a wide range of neurodevelopmental needs, including Autism, trauma, attachment disruption, and mental health where behavioural challenges are causing functional impairment in the home, school, or community.
The BAC program provides families of children with Autism in rural and remote communities’ access to RASP qualified professionals to assess, develop Intervention Plans, and oversee Behaviour Intervention funded through MCFD’s Autism Funding Program. The BAC program also provides in home Consultation to address challenging behaviours. Upon intake, families undergo and initial needs assessment to determine their level of need. Families can then access caregiver training, a Behaviour Analyst to conduct a Functional Behaviour Assessment and create a Positive Behaviour Support Plan, or a combination of both. The BAC program provides a multi-tiered behaviour support model, in rural and remote communities, that allows staff to tailor services around each family’s unique needs.
Duties include conducting Functional Assessment, developing Intervention Plans and Positive Behaviour Support plans, training families and Behaviour Interventionists, overseeing program implementation, ongoing monitoring and modification of programs for children and youth Developmental Disabilities, trauma, and attachment disruption. Possibility of additional hours in other programs. Includes comprehensive benefits package. Travel will be required to Haida Gwaii periodically. All travel expenses are reimbursed. Requires a home office (equipment provided).
- · MUST HAVE: Current certification as a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst through the Behaviour Analyst Certification Board;
- · Master’s Degree in a related field (Psychology, Education, Social Work, etc.);
- · Experience working with children with ASD from 0 to 18, children and youth with other neurodevelopmental delays, trauma, and attachment disruption, and providing home and community based intervention
- · OR currently working towards a Master’s degree in a related field and qualified for supervised fieldwork as per the requirements in the BACB’s certification standards.
- · List qualifications required to be a successful applicant for this position
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: $48 to $51/hour dependent on experience
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: November 20th 2019
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Colleen Murnaghan, Manager of Behaviour Services, email: firstname.lastname@example.org Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.