Program Manager – Temporary, Full Time
NOVEMBER 4, 2019| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 19-127
Position: Temporary Program Manager
Location: Primrose Centre, Ladner
Hours: Mon – Fri 40 hrs./week plus some evening and weekend hours, as needed. This position is expected to be for a period of six months.
We are looking for a Temporary Program Manager to join our Sources Primrose Centre team! This individual must have strong leadership skills, be exceptionally well-organized and have experience with positive behaviour support of people with autism.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Primrose Centre
Primrose Centre is home to five adults with autism. It’s a busy environment with active and engaging residents. Behavioural challenges can be intense at times so a strong grasp of positive intervention techniques is required. Effective and professional communication with parents and professionals is critical. The staff team is 12+ strong. Management duties include hiring, performance management, staff training and development, and scheduling. A team approach is important for consistent and quality care of the residents. Client care includes a balanced schedule of social and recreational community-based activities, exposure to growth experiences and support to develop or maintain relationships. Administrative duties include program reporting, outcomes development and tracking, maintenance of accreditation standards and adhering to the program budget. Adherence to Fraser Health Community Care Licensing regulations and accreditation standards is required. Occasional evening and weekend work are required.
- · Ensure the health and safety of residents and staff
- · Maintain good communication with families, doctors, funding agency and other professionals
- · Create meaningful opportunities for residents to participate in their community
- · Participate as part of the overall Sources community living team
- · Implement, monitor and evaluate positive behaviour support plans
- · Uphold policies and procedures of the program and of Sources
- · Maintain the facility in good condition
- · Ensure rights and dignity of residents is always maintained
- Degree (strongly preferred) or diploma in a discipline related to developmental disabilities with a minimum of two years supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and work independently.
- First Aid and CPR training must be current and equivalent to Licensing requirements.
- Completion of NCI and autism training provided by Sources.
- In good physical condition in order to participate in activities with clients as well as utilize physical restraint and/or control techniques.
Start Date: as soon as possible
Benefits (if applicable):
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: open until filled, internal candidates will be contacted by November 12, 2019
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Kelly Ridding, Director of Community Living at email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.