Behaviour Interventionist – Casual
Dec 6, 2019| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 19-135
Position: Behaviour Interventionist – Casual
Location: Hudson’s Hope BC
This Posting is for Hudson’s Hope BC. We are looking for someone who is interested in working as a Behaviour Interventionist to join our Sources B.A.S.I.C. program’s team! The behaviour interventionist provides direct one-to-one teaching to young children diagnosed with autism and other developmental disorders. The behaviour interventionist will work as a part of an interdisciplinary team and under direct mentorship and supervision of a Behavioural Consultant or Board Certified Behaviour Analyst. The Behaviour Interventionist will also be supported in attaining certification as a Registered Behaviour Technician or one of the other levels of certification awarded through the Behaviour Analyst Certification Board.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Northern British Columbia for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources B.A.S.I.C. Program
The B.A.S.I.C program is designed to cover a wide range of services to assist individuals with developmental disabilities and their families. The Behaviour Intervention component of service provides one on one intervention. This service is provided by qualified and highly trained staff that are directly supervised by Board Certified Behaviour Analysts. The focus person will work with a behaviour interventionist who is specifically trained to implement an individualized intervention plan to teach new communication skills, functional skills, life skills, or address any skill deficits that the focus person may have. This intervention can take place in our centre, in the community or in the focus person’s home. Behaviour Intervention provided through the B.A.S.I.C. program is evidence based best practice in the field of Applied Behaviour Analysis.
- · Using teaching methods to target specific program goals as directed by a Behavioural Consultant and implementing teaching programs and other interventions as outlined on the student’s behavioural plan of intervention
- · Collecting data, monitoring, recording and reviewing client progress with consultant and other team members
- · Writing monthly progress summaries
- · Attending and participating in regularly scheduled team meetings
- · Responding appropriately to oral and written feedback from the Behavioural Consultant by making necessary changes in order to follow through with suggestions made.
- · MUST HAVE HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA. Prefer two years post-secondary education in a related field (Psychology, education, social work, etc.)
- · PREFERENCE TO: experience working with children and experience/ability managing and responding to aggressive behaviour. Experience working with children with autism is preferred.
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- · Flexible schedule, possible evenings and weekends.
- · Valid BC driver’s license
- · Criminal record check required
- · Reliable vehicle
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: December 20th, 2019
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Colleen Murnaghan, Manager, email@example.com, for fax: (250) 561-1195. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.