Residential Community Support Worker – Casual
DECEMBER 16, 2019| INTERNAL JOB POSTING & EXTERNAL POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 19-136
Position: Residential Community Support Worker – Relief/Casual
Location: Stayte House – White Rock South Surrey Area
Hours: This is a casual on call Overnight position. Applicant must be available to Work Overnights 11pm to 8am/9am
We are looking for a Residential Community Support Worker to join our Sources Stayte House Team. This individual must be enthusiastic, resourceful and compassionate while also possessing strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources – Stayte House
Stayte House provides a home to four adults with developmental disabilities and/or autism who require assistance in their day to day lives. Our talented and experienced team assist the residents in all aspects of daily living in order to ensure they have a good quality of life. Our model at Stayte House is to provide the residents with person-centred planning in a supportive home-like environment that fosters independence, choice and social participation.
- develop a supportive rapport with clients and actively seek out new opportunities for clients as related to their specific goals and objectives;
- act decisively in a crisis situation;
- function as a team and assist clients with all aspects of daily living, personal care and behavior and communication supports;
- follow a simple budget and provide written reports
- a degree or diploma in an area related to supporting people with developmental disabilities such as Social Services, Human Services or equivalent;
- a minimum of 6 months experience working with people with developmental disabilities and behavioral challenges;
- a criminal record check;
- an unrestricted class 5 BC driver’s license with a clean driving record is required to drive the program Van;
- familiarity with the use of Windows related programs
- full participation in all Sources Training
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: December 29th, 2019 – Internal candidates will be contacted by January 2, 2020
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com