Family Support Worker – Temporary, Full Time
JANUARY 15, 2020| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-006
Position: Family Support Worker – Temp, Full Time
Location: Prince George
Hours: 35 hours per week
We are looking for a Family Support Worker to join our Sources Northern Family Services team! This individual must be well organized, compassionate, and have a strong understanding of the challenges faced by at risk families.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Prince George Resource Centre
Sources Northern Family Services program provides services to families, where the children are at risk of being removed, or have been removed. The Family Services programs provide individual support to families to address Ministry concerns, teach parenting skills, connect and support families in accessing needed services, and providing visitation to families whose children have been removed. The overall goal of the program is to help preserve the family and help create a safe environment so that the children may return to their caregivers.
- · Meet and work directly with family members to teach life and parenting skills.
- · Maintain a caseload and provide direct services to families referred to the program
- · Assessment and effective intervention with families, including outreach services in the families homes
- · Travel to and provide outreach services to remote communities, such as McLeod Lake, Tsay Keh Dene and Kwadacha.
- · Supervise visitation with caregivers and their children.
- · Effective and collaborative communication with MCFD staff is essential
- · Creating a strong team environment
- · Some administration duties are required
- · Bachelor degree in Social Work, Psychology, Child and Youth Care, or another related field
- · 1 years’ experience providing therapeutic intervention to families, or other related experience.
- · Able to provide intake and assessment
- · Able to provide intake and assessment.
- · Knowledge of MCFD protocol regarding Child Protection and Risk Assessment is an asset.
- · Familiar and comfortable working with Microsoft Office products.
- · Must possess a valid BC Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle.
Start Date: February 17, 2020
Benefits (if applicable):
· 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
· Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
· Employee & Family Assistance plan
· Pension plan
· Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: January 31, 2020. Internal candidates will be contacted by January 31, 2020.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Michael Watt, Regional Manager – Northern, BC, email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.