Seniors Outreach/Volunteer Coordinator – Temporary, Full Time
February 11, 2020| INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-011
Position: Seniors Outreach/Volunteer Coordinator
Location: Surrey/White Rock
Hours: 35 hrs/week – temporary depending on funding
We are looking for a Seniors Outreach/Volunteer Coordinator to join our Sources Volunteer Services team! This individual must be Resourceful, self-motivated and have a strong knowledge of senior’s issues.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Senior Volunteer Services
To build capacity and support leadership roles of seniors from all cultural and abilities backgrounds, build the capacity of seniors’ serving organizations to collaborate and expand the scope of services and create new opportunities for seniors to participate in community life.
- · Implement outreach strategies to identify isolated seniors and recruit potential volunteers for leadership roles
- · Address Systemic Barriers that contribute to the social exclusion of seniors in our community
- · Write program reports, collect statistics, and maintain program-related documentation
- · Identify new funding opportunities and preparing funding proposals for seniors programming
- · Develop innovative approaches to engage and retain senior volunteers to improve their social inclusion
- · Develop intergenerational programs and volunteer opportunities
- · Volunteer Recruitment, training, coaching, coordination, recognition
- · Organize systems to ensure effective implementation of projects and programs
- · Oversee registration, maintain records, and collect data, provide ongoing evaluation reports as required by funders
- · Facilitate and implement capacity building by training and supporting volunteers as outreach volunteers
- · Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Social Work or another related field
- · Minimum 3 years working in program development and outreach strategies
- · Familiar and comfortable working with all Microsoft Office products.
- · Experience working with seniors and volunteers in an intercultural setting
- · Knowledge of senior’s issues and how to promote inclusion
- · Proven ability to work collaboratively with culturally diverse community residents and community service partners
- · Must possess a valid BC Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle.
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: February 19, 2020
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Denise Darrell email@example.com
Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.