Trauma Counsellor – Permanent, Part Time
MARCH 12, 2020| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-027
Position: Trauma Counsellor-STV Program Permanent Full time
Location: Sources Women’s Place, South Surrey
Hours: 24 hours per week
Join an innovative team and agency in sunny South Surrey. We are looking for a Master’s level Trauma Counsellor to join our Sources Trauma Counselling team! This individual must be social justice oriented, technologically savvy and have excellent interpersonal skills (additional languages are an asset).
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide wraparound services that provide a continuum of support such as food banks, substance use counselling, employment services, and legal resources. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Trauma Counselling
The Trauma Counselling Program provides STV (Stopping the Violence) counselling services to women impacting by interpersonal violence as well as fee for service counselling for anyone impacted by trauma. We provide individual and group counselling for women dealing with issues of violence and abuse, following the guidelines of the Best Practices for Stopping the Violence Programs (2006). The team is dynamic, skilled and passionate about providing the necessary supports to help people heal from their experiences and move forward with their lives.
- • Bring your creative energy to develop your counselling skills in groups
- • Attend monthly external clinical consultation
- • Build the program with our generous professional development emphasis
- • Work in a small, friendly environment
- • Work collaboratively with the Manager of Counselling Services and other Trauma Counsellors in the development of the Trauma Counselling Program.
- • Attend counselling disposition meetings and complete agreed upon tasks.
- • Provide relevant and up to date counselling skills and solid knowledge base regarding intersectionality and violence
- • Research up to date practices and request appropriate resources for the Trauma Counselling Program (e.g., books, videos, etc.).
- • Participate in relevant community outreach and liaison, networking and collaboration to represent the program in the community, to support prevention and education on interpersonal violence and to facilitate referrals.
- · Provides individual intake, assessment, individual mid-range counselling, and group counselling to people experiencing the effects of relationship violence, sexual assault, and/or childhood abuse while incorporating an intersectional perspective.
- · Keep up-to-date confidential documentation, client statistics, including group statistics, which are to be reported monthly.
- · Incorporates the central components of trauma counselling, emphasizing in particular safety and stabilization and re-processing for the individual.
- · Uses peer supervision and My Outcomes to ensure the therapeutic approach matches the clients needs.
- · M.A. (Counselling Psychology), M.Ed. (Counselling Psychology), M.S.W. or the equivalent combination of education and training
- · Minimum of two years’ experience working with people who have experienced interpersonal violence.
- · Eligible for RSW, RCC or CCC designation
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: $29.00-32.00 hourly based on education and experience
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: March 31, 2020
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Deirdre Goudriaan, Trauma Counselling Manager (email@example.com}. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.