Administrative Assistant – Permanent, Part Time
May 28, 2020| INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-045
Position: Administrative Assistant – Permanent Part-Time
Location: Sources Corporate Office – White Rock
Hours: 16 hours/week (Office hours are Monday-Friday 8:30 am-4:30 pm). Must be willing to work occasionally outside regular hours in order to meet the objectives of the position.
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization that provides help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George, and Parksville, B.C. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, advocacy services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Corporate Office
The team at Sources Corporate Office is small but mighty. This is an opportunity to grow and gain experience in the non-profit sector. We directly support the CEO and engage with high-level senior staff within and outside of SOURCES. Our work with Sources Community Resources Society touches more than 40 programs and services across the province and our work with the Sources Foundation helps raise money to maintain and grow the ones that are either largely or entirely community-funded.
- · Reports to the CEO and receives supervision from Executive Coordinator.
- · Greeting clients, professional and community members at front desk
- · Answering the phone and taking messages
- · Processing donations over the phone, in-person and preparing and tracking thank you letters via Smartsheets
- · Ability to collaborate with a variety of staff on projects and events
- · Quarterly review of photo wall
- · Updating monthly events schedule for Board
- · Mailouts e.g. Annual General meeting, government, donors etc.
- · Assist with Occupational Health and Safety
- · Coordinate and support Program Manager Meetings and Board Meetings
- · Coordinate Concierge cleaning, office maintenance, main property manager contact
- · Assist with events including the Annual General Meeting and various fundraisers
- · Stationary ordering, daily tidy of common spaces e.g. waiting area, kitchen, supplies,
- · Filing
- · Coordinate the completion of the CEO’s Program Reimbursement Forms
- · Ensure donor thank-you letters are signed by CEO, mailed and tracked
- · Track sales of Rotary Save-On-Foods Gift Cards at the Corporate Office
- · Pick-up and delivery between SOURCES locations
- · General reception and office upkeep tasks
- · Other related duties as assigned
- · 2 years’ experience in Administrative positions is preferred
- · Proven ability to maintain confidentiality, and exercise tact and good judgment in dealing with various stakeholders
- · Strong attention to detail
- · Excellent editing/proofreading abilities, organization and time management skills
- · A self-motivated individual who can work independently and collaboratively
- · Experience with small and large event planning.
- · Able to give and receive positive and constructive feedback
- · Proficient with Windows OS and software applications including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher, Teams), Adobe products (Acrobat, Photoshop)
- · Responsible for monitoring the general enquiries inbox
- · Community awareness and interest, especially in the non-profit and social services sectors
- · Successful criminal record check
- · Unrestricted Class 5 B.C. Driver’s license
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: open until filled
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume Tina Rasmussen, Executive Coordinator, at email@example.com. Please indicate in your email where you saw this job posting. Thank you.