Substance Use Services
BC Provincial Overdose Alert (May 6, 2020)
Increased Drug Toxicity Reported Across BC
(Both Stimulants & Down)
- Increase in both fatal and non-fatal overdoses over the last few weeks
- More severe overdoses being reported
- Increased community overdose & drug alerts since March 22nd
FOR YOUR SAFETY
- Use an Overdose Prevention Site, if you can. FIND AN OPS
- Pick up a naloxone kit. FIND A SITE. Call ahead for hours.
- Avoid using alone. Find a buddy or have someone check on you.
- Talk to your doctor or nurse practitioner about how to access prescription medications to reduce overdose risk and prevent withdrawal. Click here for more info.
THIS IS A PROVINCIAL ALERT
Check your local Health Authority websites for local alerts
For more information on ways to stay safe while using substances during COVID-19 please check the BCCDC website