Communications Coordinator – Permanent, Part Time
MAY 6, 2020| INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-033
Position: Communications Coordinator – Permanent Part-Time
Location: Sources Corporate Office – White Rock
Hours: Up to 20 hours/week; flexible depending on the right candidate. Regular office hours are Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm. Must be willing to work outside regular hours in order to meet the objectives of the position.
We are seeking a responsible, creative and clever Communications Coordinator to join our team. To succeed in this position, you must be an exceptional writer, be able to thrive in a multi-priority environment and be highly organized, self-motivated and collaborative. Reporting to the Manager, Charitable Partnerships/Communications, the Coordinator will have the opportunity to make an impact across the organization using their skills in communications and marketing.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that provides help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George, and Parksville, B.C. Our dedicated team serves over 40,000 individuals yearly. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, advocacy, community living programs and more. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Corporate Office
The team at Sources Corporate Office is small but mighty. We directly support the CEO and engage with high-level senior staff within and outside of SOURCES. Our work with Sources Community Resources Society touches more than 40 programs and services across the province. Our work with the Sources Foundation helps raise money to maintain and develop services that are either largely or entirely community-funded.
- · Provide strategic communications and marketing support for Sources programs, initiatives and events
- · Collaborate with the internal team and external partners to develop multimedia content such as blog stories, media releases, infographics, videos, photos, posters, advertisements, etc.
- · Coordinate the design and distribution of Society marketing material including brochures, rack cards, etc.
- · Assist with drafting formal correspondence such as letters, applications and invitations
- · Assist with reviewing and updating Sources’ websites with accurate and interesting information
- · Assist with producing Sources’ internal and external newsletters
- · Actively monitor, create and respond to posts on Sources’ social media platforms
- · Monitor local and regional news for mentions of Sources and maintain a collection of media clippings
- · Use SEO best practices to improve Sources’ presence on Google and other search engines (e.g. Locations, Contact Information, Hours, Reviews, etc.)
- · Ensure Sources branding guidelines are being followed internally and externally
- · Generate tracking & analysis reports for social media and communication efforts and research recommendations for continuous improvement
- · Other related duties as assigned
- · Post-secondary education in Communications, Journalism, English or Marketing
- · Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- · A clear and concise communicator (both verbally and written) and critical thinker who can craft compelling stories and tailor them for a variety of platforms and audiences
- · Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise tact and good judgment in dealing with various stakeholders
- · Thrives in a deadline-driven and multi-priority environment
- · Excellent editing, proofreading, organization and time management skills
- · A self-starter and team player
- · Able to give and receive positive and constructive feedback
- · Experience with marketing, graphic design, photography, videography, news media and public relations
- · Experience with fundraising, event planning, and SEO would be an asset
- · Proficiency with Windows OS and software applications including Microsoft 360 (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher), Adobe products (Acrobat, Photoshop Illustrator), social media platforms (Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube), WordPress and Constant Contact.
- · Community awareness and interest, especially in the non-profit, charitable and social services sectors
- · Successful criminal record check
- · Unrestricted Class 5 B.C. Driver’s license
Start Date: ASAP
- · Pension plan (when eligible)
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: May 18, 2020
How to apply: Please email your cover letter, resume and 2 relevant writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in your email your availability and where you saw this job posting. Thank you.