Food Hub Driver – Permanent, Part Time
May 22, 2020| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-039
Position: Food Hub Driver
Location: White Rock / South Surrey and Langley Food Bank
Hours: Approx. 21-28 hours per week (must be flexible and available on weekend mornings)
Sources is looking for a Part-Time Driver to join our team! This is a great opportunity for a someone looking for part time employment with growth potential
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Food Hub
The Sources Food Hub is a community collaborative that provides education and training on food waste reduction and processing. We redistribute surplus and recovered foods to community agencies providing meal programs to the vulnerable sector. The Sources Food Hub Driver is responsible for the transportation of rescued foods from local businesses to community partners in Langley and Surrey and White Rock.
- Coordinate schedule for pick-ups from community partners in White Rock, Langley and Surrey. There are scheduled pickups in a predetermined order based on the specific locations.
- Coordinate additional pick-ups from food processors and businesses as requested.
- Coordinate times and deliver goods to community partners.
- Maintain the vehicle logs, complete vehicle inspections, and fuel the vehicle.
- Other duties as required.
- Physically fit and able to lift and move 50 lbs.
- Possess a class 5 Driver’s license and clean drivers abstract.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving work environment while prioritizing tasks and managing workload.
- Experience working with data-based software on a tablet
- Enthusiasm and passion about addressing hunger and food waste.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Knowledge of community and surrounding areas an asset.
- Ability to pass a Criminal Record Check.
Start Date: ASAP
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: May 30, 2020.
How to apply: Please email your resume to Denise Darrell at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.