Housing First Worker – Temporary, Full Time
MAY 22, 2020| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-038
Position: Housing First Worker – Full Time Temporary
Location: Newton Resource Centre
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm, 35 hours per week
We are looking for a Housing First worker to join our Sources Housing Support Services team! This individual must be compassionate, assertive, and a team player.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Newton Resource Centre
The Newton Resource Centre offers a variety of services for individuals who a living in poverty including those who are homeless. These programs focus on supporting individuals to obtain and maintain essential income and living resources including income assistance, other government benefits, and affordable rental housing. Our Housing Support Services assist individuals who are homeless and at imminent risk of homelessness. This team works collaboratively to address the unique and complex needs of each individual as well as works in partnership with other service providers in the community to address the needs of this target population.
- · Assists homeless individuals to obtain permanent housing
- · Supports individuals to achieve their housing stabilization goals by connecting them to desired services and supports
- · Supports individuals through crisis including tenancy breakdown
- · Engages and supports landlords to solicit new affordable rental units and to maintain existing housing first tenancies
- · Facilitates communication between clients and others as needed to assist clients to connect with resources and achieve their service goals
- · Provides support for clients to develop life skills and support community engagement
- · Promotes positive relationships with partner organizations and other stakeholders
- · Maintains case records and provides other documentation as required
- · Participates in team meetings
- · Minimum 2 years’ post-secondary education or equivalent experience in a related field
- · Awareness of poverty and homelessness related issues
- · Knowledge of local community resources
- · Experience with Housing First services preferred
Start Date: ASAP until September 30, 2020
Benefits (if applicable):
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: May 29, 2020. Internal candidates will be contacted by May 29, 2020.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Jay Blaschuk, Housing Support Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.