Counsellor – Permanent, Part Time
JUNE 10, 2020| INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-053
Position: PEACE Program Counsellor
Reporting to: MHSS Team Leader
Location: Parksville & Surrounding Area, Vancouver Island, B.C.
Hours: 7.5hrs/wk Permanent, Part Time
3 hrs/wk Temporary to Mar 31, 2021
We are looking for a PEACE Program Counsellor to join our Sources Oceanside team! This position provides counselling, education and advocacy support to children between the ages of 3 and 18 who have witnessed domestic violence. Provides emotional and parenting support for parents regarding the impact on their children of witnessing violence. Plans, prepares and conducts group/individual counselling sessions in both the Parksville and Qualicum Beach locations with children and their families and develops and implements a plan for counselling, which builds on existing family strengths. This position requires some travel within the Oceanside area.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that provides help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George and Parksville, B.C. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, advocacy services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Oceanside is a multi-service organization, serving communities in the Oceanside corridor. With locations in Parksville and Qualicum Beach offering a well-established Child Development Centre as well as a wide range of Mental Health and Social Services. Our vision is that all children, youth and families live in a healthy environment.
- · Bachelor’s degree in a related human / social service field.
- · Two (2) years recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- · Familiar and comfortable working with Microsoft Office products.
- · Must possess a valid BC Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle.
- · Clear Criminal Record Check.
Salary: Grid 13-P $31.87 – $36.53
Start Date: As soon as possible
Benefits (when/if eligible):
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental.
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage.
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan.
- · Pension plan.
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks.
Closing Date: June 17, 2020.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Jane Allen, firstname.lastname@example.org