Supported Child Development Assistant/ASL Interpreter
June 26, 2020| INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-056
Position: Supported Child Development Assistant / ASL Interpreter
Location: Parksville, Vancouver Island, B.C.
Hours: 35 hrs per week – Temporary, Full Time (to 31 March, 2021)
(likely to be extended)
Salary: Grid 13 $24.50 – $28.53
We are looking for a Supported Child Development Assistant / ASL Interpreter to join our Sources Oceanside team! This position will facilitate communication between Deaf, hard of hearing, and hearing children and staff within childcare and preschool settings while providing support and direct care to children, encouraging their intellectual, physical and emotional growth.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that provides help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George and Parksville, B.C. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, advocacy services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Oceanside is a multi-service organization, serving communities in the Oceanside corridor. With locations in Parksville and Qualicum Beach offering a well-established Child Development Centre as well as a wide range of Mental Health and Social Services. Our vision is that all children, youth and families live in a healthy environment.
- · Early Childhood Education Certificate
- · Special Needs and/or Infant / Toddler Certificate(s) would be an asset
- · American Sign Language Certification or completion of an Interpreter Training Program (must be fluent in ASL)
- · Minimum of two (2) years related experience
- · Current First Aid Certification
- · Clear Criminal Record Check
Start Date: As Soon as Possible
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: 2 July, 2020.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Jane Allen, email@example.com.