Community Support Worker – Permanent, Part Time
July 20th, 2020|INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. #20-067
Position: Community Support Worker – Permanent Part-Time
Location: Crossroads Community Inclusion Services – Delta (Ladner)
Hours: 30 hrs/wk Mon-Friday 9am-3pm
We are looking for a Community Support Worker to join our Sources Crossroads Community Inclusion team! This individual must be compassionate, creative, and love to work in a team environment.
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND REQUIRES UNION MEMBERSHIP.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Crossroads Community Inclusion Services
Our mission is to support clients in identifying & pursuing their aspirations in line with their needs, desires and abilities.
The Crossroads program is a long standing and specialized Community Inclusion program based in the heart of Ladner, BC. At Crossroads, we focus on developing individualized supports for clients with varying developmental disabilities. Through person centred planning, the knowledgeable support staff work alongside each client to learn ways for them overcome barriers that may be present in allowing each client to have the best possible quality of life within their own community. Primary areas of focus are in employment, social and life skill development, health and fitness, and behaviour management.
- · To develop a supportive rapport with clients in service while providing interest, empathy, and encouragement while working on their personal goals
- · To teach functional life skills for daily living
- Able to actively seek out new community/ social/ vocational/ employment opportunities and experiences
· To be competent with teaching and using augmentative visual communication tools such as pictures, PECS, sign language, etc.
- · To be comfortable with providing personal care for clients
- · To be competent with designing and overseeing client programming
- · To be competent and punctual with data entry and analysis such as through log entries and report writing
- · To be able to transport clients in the community using program vehicles
- · To be comfortable with supporting clients exhibiting risk behaviours
- · To liaise with various program/ client stakeholders including family members, businesses, and other professionals
- · Minimum 3 months experience supporting people with developmental disabilities
- · Grade 12 diploma and 2 years post secondary education plus 3 months experience supporting people with developmental disabilities OR > 2 years experience supporting people with developmental disabilities or an equivalent combination of either.
- · Competence using Microsoft Office applications and other computer based software as required
- · Have all employment requirements current and valid (cleared criminal record check, First Aid/ CPR, NCI training, class 5 driver’s license, proof of SIN)
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Starting at $20.52/hr (or in accordance to Grid Level 10 as per the collective agreement
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: July 28th, 2020. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by July 29th, 2019
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Jason Cusator, Community Inclusion Manager, email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.