Family Support Worker – Temporary, Full Time
July 7 2020| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-060
Position: Temporary Full Time – Family Support Worker
Location: Dawson Creek
Hours: 35 hours/week
We are looking for a Family Support Worker to join our Sources Northern Family Services team! This individual must be well organized, compassionate, and have a strong understanding of the challenges faced by at risk families, and be able to work out of a home office.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Prince George Resource Centre
Sources Northern Family Services program provides services to families, where the children are at risk of being removed, or have been removed. The Family Services programs provide individual support to families to address Ministry concerns, teach parenting skills, connect and support families in accessing needed services, and assisting families attend meetings (including transporting). The overall goal of the program is to help preserve the family and help create a safe environment so that the children may return to their caregivers.
- · Meet and work directly with family members to teach life and parenting skills.
- · Maintain a caseload and provide direct services to families referred to the program
- · Assessment and effective intervention with families, including outreach services in the families homes
- · Travel to and provide outreach services to remote communities, such as Pouce Coupe, Chetwynd, and Kiskatinaw.
- · Transport families or arrange for transportation to and from related meetings.
- · Effective and collaborative communication with MCFD staff is essential
- · Creating a strong team environment
- · Some administration duties are required
- · Bachelor degree in Social Work, Psychology, Child and Youth Care, or another related field
- · 1 years’ experience providing therapeutic intervention to families, or other related experience.
- · Able to provide intake and assessment
- · Able to provide intake and assessment.
- · Knowledge of MCFD protocol regarding Child Protection and Risk Assessment is an asset.
- · Familiar and comfortable working with Microsoft Office products.
- · Must possess a valid BC Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle.
Start Date: Immediately
Benefits (if appliable) :
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · 3 weeks paid vacation
- · Negotiable moving cost allowance if applicable.
Closing Date: July 15th 2020 internal candidates will be contacted by July 20th 2020
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Hiring Committee, email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.