Shop by Phone – Grocery Shopper
Sources Shop by Phone Program is a grocery service that has been operating for over 25 years in the communities of White Rock and South Surrey. Volunteers with the program provide support to individuals in South Surrey/ White Rock who are unable to shop for groceries due to transportation barriers or disabilities. Our volunteers take orders over the phone and shop for groceries once a week. Groceries are then delivered by our Volunteer delivery drivers.
To be successful in this position, volunteers must have:
- An appreciation for grocery shopping with accuracy and an eye for detail.
- A passion for early mornings as the program starts at 7:00 am.
- Access to internet and email an asset.
- Knowledge of the layout of Save on Foods South Point location an asset.
- Have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Be flexible, detail oriented and possesses an ability to take initiative, accept direction and work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Have the ability to work well with diverse client populations. Ability to relate to individuals across all socioeconomic and cultural groups.
- Be courteous and respectful of clients and their property.
- Have the ability to build rapport with a variety of individuals while maintaining a professional demeanour and firm professional boundaries.
- Willingness to secure a Criminal Records Check. All positions have been designated by Sources Community Resource Society as requiring a Criminal Records Review prior to an applicant being employed in this capacity. Certain police records may preclude the appointment to certain positions.
This program requires a minimum 3 month commitment and operates every Tuesday for 2-3 hours in the mornings. The starting time on Tuesdays is 7:00 am.
Benefits to this position:
Volunteers of the Sources Shop by Phone Program have the opportunity to make a positive difference in the daily lives of isolated individuals in the community, by helping to provide access to healthy foods. This is a very positive and supportive team to work with. You will gain fulfillment through clients kindness and gratitude, as this small program provides very big impacts.
Want to apply?
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you are interested in more information about this opportunity or other volunteer positions with Sources, please contact Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-542-4357.