Operations Coordinator – Permanent, Part Time
October 26, 2020 EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-105
Position: Operations Coordinator
Location: 15318-20th Avenue, Surrey, BC V4A 2A3
Hours: 19 hours per week; Monday to Friday 9:30 am to 4:00 pm (negotiable)
Sources supports a Food Hub to address food waste, community education, gleaning and redistribution of food in the City of Surrey and Langley. Through a centralized Food Hub and partnerships of like-minded organizations, we aim to prevent, reduce and divert foods that increase food security and grow our local economy.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
The Operations Coordinator of the Sources Food Hub will develop and oversee the operations of a centralized food re-distribution and processing centre, reducing food waste and strengthening food security in our communities. This individual will collaborate with key Sources staff and community stakeholders. Key collaborators include farms, retailers, citizens and community service agencies.
The Operations Coordinator is responsible to the Executive Director of Community Services.
Includes but not limited to the following:
- · Build and maintain working relationships with distribution partners, community organizations and other stakeholders.
- · Design and implement educational and outreach efforts focused on food waste
- · Identify ways to improve and work toward the sustainability of the Food Hub program
- · Collaborate on business planning, fundraising efforts, grant proposals and reports, as needed.
- · Work collaboratively with staff and volunteers.
- · Coordinate gleaning efforts throughout Surrey for farms and households.
- · Collate evaluation materials for reporting on grant requirements.
- · Commitment to reducing local food waste and strengthening local food systems.
- · Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Agriculture, Food Systems)
- · Three years of experience with food systems.
- · Experience in operations of food focused programs.
- · Proactive, entrepreneurial attitude and eagerness to identify new opportunities for Food Hub growth.
- · Computer skills with the ability to learn new food systems software
- · Excellent written, oral and relationship development skills.
- · Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving work environment while prioritizing tasks and managing workload.
- · Self-starter with the ability to work independently, as well as collaborate with others in a team setting.
- · Physically fit and able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- · Knowledge /awareness/sensitivity re: poverty, food insecurity ( issues, impact, causes, and solutions)
- · Valid Class 5 driver’s license and ability to drive an extended cargo van.
Start Date: ASAP
- · Pension plan (when eligibility requirements met)
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: November 6, 2020
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Denise Darrell, Executive Director of Community Services firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.