Evaluation Assistant – Temporary, Full Time
November 6, 2020| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-114
Position: Evaluation Assistant-Temporary- Canada Summer Jobs Program – 8 weeks
Location: Home Office with visits to sites
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
We are looking for an Evaluation Assistant to join our Sources Quality department! This individual must have strong computer skills, be empathetic and able to engage groups.
This is a Canada Summer Jobs funded position. The applicant must meet all eligibility criteria and be between the ages of 15 and 30.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, advocacy, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
About the position
As the evaluation assistant, you will work with the Service Quality Manager to conduct evaluations of social programs. One project will consist in evaluating the impact of our youth counselling program. You will learn how to design evaluation questions, interview guides and conduct interviews. If time allows, you will also take part in analysing qualitative data. Another project will consist in engaging adults with developmental disabilities in designing the evaluation framework for their skills development program.
- · Assist the Service Quality Manager in engaging program staff & clients to design evaluation questions & tools (interview / survey questions)
- · Conduct qualitative interviews with the support of the Service Quality Manager
- · Analyse quantitative and qualitative data
- · Discuss evaluation results with program staff and clients to define improvement opportunities
- Background in Social Work, Social Sciences or Counselling
- Evaluation or research experience
- Excellent writing skills.
- Understanding of social service and community-based non-profit organizations
- Strong computer skills mandatory – capable of working with Microsoft suite and an information management system
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills in order to effectively work with others. Empathy, active listening, interviewing, cooperation & collaboration skills.
- Self-motivated with well-developed planning, organizing, time management, problem solving and decision-making skills essential.
- Preference given to applicants who have experience in working with adult with developmental disabilities and/or youth with mental health issues
Start Date: ASAP to January 2021 at the latest. The position ends no later than February 28th.
Closing Date: November 13, 2020
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Allison Zentner, Service Quality Manager. firstname.lastname@example.org