Seniors & Volunteer Outreach Coordinator – Permanent, Full Time
November 16, 2020| INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-117
Position: Seniors & Volunteer Outreach Coordinator- Permanent Full-time
Location: Sources Volunteer Services – White Rock
Hours: 35 hours/week, Monday to Friday
We are looking for a Seniors & Volunteer Outreach Coordinator to join our small yet dynamic team. This individual should be passionate about strengthening our community through volunteerism by engaging its’ members in ways that are impactful, meaningful and interpersonal.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Volunteer Services
Sources’ Volunteer Services is designed to support social wellness for individuals and communities through volunteerism. We provide direct services to the community to ensure health and wellness services are accessible and support the entire organization’s mission through the strength of volunteerism.
• Facilitate and implement capacity building by training and supporting volunteers.
• Assist with volunteer recruitment, training, coaching, coordination, and recognition.
• Develop intergenerational programs and volunteer opportunities that promote leadership.
• Develop innovative approaches to engage and retain senior volunteers to improve their social inclusion.
• Provide direct service and administrative support in Volunteer Services program delivery to ensure client needs are being met.
• Coordinate Sources participation in and attend community events as needed.
• Maintain operations of the Save On Foods Gift Card program.
• Address systemic barriers that contribute to the social exclusion of seniors in our community.
• Organize systems to ensure effective implementation of projects and programs.
• Identify new funding opportunities and prepare funding proposals for seniors programming.
• Oversee registration, maintain records, and collect data, provide ongoing evaluation reports as required by funders.
• Possess a minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Social Work or other related field.
• Minimum 3 years working in program development, outreach strategies and volunteer coordination.
• Possess an understanding of the issues related to poverty and the ability to handle sensitive client issues with tact and non-judgement.
• Experience working with seniors and volunteers in an intercultural setting
• Knowledge of senior’s issues and how to promote inclusion.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with culturally diverse community residents and community service partners.
• Familiar and comfortable working with all Microsoft Office products.
• Available to work some evenings and weekends as required.
• Must possess a valid BC Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle.
Start Date: As soon as possible
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: Monday November 23, 2020
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Carrie Belanger, Manager of Volunteer Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.