Coordinator – Permanent, Full Time
MARCH 22, 2021| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 21-026
Hours: 35 hours per week
We are looking for a Coordinator to join our SOURCES Empowered for Employment team! This individual must be able to work with multi-barriered clients and have excellent administration and facilitation skills; and be flexible to perform a variety of duties.
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George and Parksville for over 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
SOURCES Empowered for Employment Services
Empowered for Employment Services provide comprehensive supports to multi-barriered clients, survivors of violence and/or abuse, mature adults who are 55+, persons with disabilities, people at risk of or experiencing homelessness who want to make positive changes in their lives and prepare for successful transition to employment.
- · Ensure day-to-day operations of employment programs and thrive to meet service delivery standards.
- · Coordinate program activities, organize, prioritize, assign work, and monitor progress.
- · Provide staff ongoing supports – coaching, consulting and problem solving.
- · Participate in planning, implementation, and revision of program materials. Including curriculum development, workshop design and delivery pertaining to career exploration, soft skills, and job search strategies.
- · Develop program marketing plans and materials to promote EFE to the community and specific target groups, recruit participants for all employment programs.
- · Prepare Annual Project Plan, Quarterly Report, Monthly Report and Invoice to funder accurately and in a timely manner.
- · Perform an active role in the team by participating in staff meetings, and other activities that foster positive working conditions and enhancement to client services.
- · Partake in quality improvement and evaluation processes implemented by the Executive Director, Director of Community and Employment Services and/or Program Manager.
- · Promote Empowered for Employment services with emphasis on developing and maintaining strong community connections, to increase awareness of and access to employment services, and foster business relationships for employment opportunities for program participants.
- · Represent Empowered for Employment and SOURCES at community events and community meetings (i.e. Hiring and Resource Fairs, Chamber of Commerce, Business Improvement Association, Integrated Services Committees, Board of Trade etc.) as required and when opportunity presents itself.
- · An undergraduate degree in related field or considerable experience and training (Social Service Worker diploma, Career Development Practitioner certificate, Provincial Instructor’s Diploma, Job Club Leadership Certificate, Life Skills Certificate) in the employment/career development field. CCDP designation preferred.
- · Minimum 3 years of program administration/supervision/facilitation/case management experience, preferably with multi-barriered clients.
- · Culturally aware and sensitive to the needs of adult learners with experience working with a diverse population.
- · Ability to work with clients in a professional and empathetic manner, understand their barriers and provide referrals to relevant services.
- · Knowledge of community-based resources with experience as a third-party liaison; funders and community service providers.
- · Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and under pressure in an outcome-based work environment.
- · Professional demeanor with a positive attitude and ability to engage and motivate participants.
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- · Advanced computer skills with emphasis on MS Office, Adobe and Internet usage.
- · Clean Criminal Record Check.
- · Completion of Privacy and Information Sharing Training.
Start Date: April 5, 2021
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: When the position is filled, internal candidates will be contacted by March 29, 2021
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.