Family Support Worker – Casual
APRIL 27, 2021| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 21-044
Position: Family Support Worker – Casual
Location: Prince George
Hours: Casual with availability of at least 10 hours/week
We are looking for a Family Support Worker to join our Sources Family Preservation & Reunification North team! This individual must be well organized, compassionate, and have a strong understanding of the challenges faced by at risk families.
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At SOURCES we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Family Preservation & Reunification North Program
The Family Preservation & Reunification North (FPRN) Program provides services to families, where the children are at risk of being removed, or have been removed. The FPRN program provides individual support to families to address Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) concerns, teach parenting skills, connect and support families in accessing needed services, and providing visitation to families whose children have been removed. The overall goal of the program is to help preserve the family and help create a safe environment so that the children may return to their caregivers.
- · Meet and work directly with family members to teach life and parenting skills.
- · Maintain a caseload and provide direct services to families referred to the program
- · Assessment and effective intervention with families, including outreach services in the families homes.
- · Supervise visitation with caregivers and their children.
- · Effective and collaborative communication with MCFD staff is essential
- · Creating a strong team environment
- · Some administration duties are required
- · Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Child and Youth Care, or another related field.
- · Minimum 1 years’ experience providing therapeutic intervention to families, or other related experience.
- · A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- · Able to provide intake and assessment.
- · Knowledge of MCFD protocol regarding Child Protection and Risk Assessment is an asset.
- · Familiar and comfortable working with Microsoft Office products.
- · Must possess a valid BC Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle.
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: May 4, 2021
Internal candidates will be contacted by: May 4, 2021
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Camila Sanchez, Director of Sources North at email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.