Home Share Manager – Permanent, Full Time
MAY 7, 2021| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 21-056
Position: Home Share Manager
Location: Delta, BC
Hours: 35 hours/ Week. Monday to Friday. Flexibility to work on some evenings and weekends is necessary.
We are looking for a Home Share Manager to join our Sources Home Share team! This individual must be dynamic, flexible and possess strong interpersonal skills.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Home Share Program
The Home Share Program provides a residential option to adults with developmental disabilities who are looking for a more natural care environment within the community. Individuals share a home with matched, qualified, and screened caregivers, who provide ongoing support in all aspects of the individual’s life. The Home Share Manager plays a vital role in ensuring the service meets the programs mission to provide clients with a safe, stable and supportive home where they can grow and reach their full potential.
- · Planning, developing, implementing, and evaluation of the overall quality of service delivery of the Home Share program.
- · Reporting on program outcomes annually and actively participate and lead in progressive quality improvement initiatives.
- · Overseeing the continual improvement of the Home Share staff team through on-going coaching, professional development and education,
- · Engage in performance management, coaching and progressive corrective actions as necessary.
- · Providing orientation, training, work direction and guidance to the Home Share coordinators and Home Share Providers both during on-boarding and throughout.
- · Conduct Home Study’s and oversee the selection and screening process of applicants to become home share providers.
- · Initiates, renews and terminates contracts as needed.
- · Manage a caseload of approximately 25 home shares, monitoring for compliance as per COA and CLBC home sharing standards.
- · Act as a resource to staff, clients and caregivers and assist with problem solving.
- · Be familiar and well-rehearsed with positive behavioural support techniques and assist caregivers to put them into practice.
- · Develop professional relationships to work effectively with families, professionals, clients and other members of the community.
- · Travel to clients homes in the community using your personal vehicle.
- · Keep organized, detailed and confidential records on a database system using clear, professional and subjective language.
- · Be able to express him/ herself clearly, both orally and in writing, to clients, co-workers, families and other professionals.
- · Work well both independently and as part of the team.
- · A minimum bachelor’s level of post-secondary education (preferably in social sciences)
- · A minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
- · A minimum of 5 years working experience in the community living sector
- · A combination of the above
- · Ability to work independently
- · Confidence and competence with being in a leadership role, including directing others and holding others accountable regarding performance and professional conduct.
- Ability to act decisively in a crisis
- Ability to communicate (both orally and written) with clients, parents, staff, management, and other professionals
- Strong technical skills: Ability to use Word Processor (Word for Windows, Excel, Sharevision) to record data and produce reports
- Successful criminal record check
- Unrestricted Class 5 B.C Driver’s license
- Proof of SIN
- · NCI training is provided by Sources upon hiring
- · Ability to use personal vehicle for work
Start Date: June 7, 2021
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: May 21, 2021 internal candidates will be contacted by May 28, 2021
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Christine Conlin, Manager of Residential Services, firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.