Intermediate Accountant – Permanent, Full Time
May 26, 2021| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 21-060
Position: Intermediate Accountant– Permanent Full Time
Location: Morgan Creek Operations Centre – South Surrey
Hours: 35 hours/week (Mon-Fri)
We are looking for a Intermediate Accountant to join our Sources Finance team! This individual should be a strong positive model by being energetic, creative, and resourceful while also possessing strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Finance Team
The Finance Team provides support throughout the organization in all financial areas, such as budgeting, invoicing, monthly financial updates, periodic internal and external financial reporting, and addressing queries from staff. We are a small tightly knit team, with positive attitude and a willingness to pitch in to help the team meet deadlines and deliver results.
The Intermediate Accountant will be a service oriented and highly dynamic intermediate level accountant, overseeing the performance of a variety of accounting functions, while ensuring the integrity of all financial information reported internally, and externally.
This is a position at Sources that allows for the opportunity to evolve, grow and capitalize on the strengths the successful candidate can offer to the role. The Intermediate Accountant will have an integral role in supporting the Chief Financial Officer in all accounting operations, including the production of financial reports, maintaining records, asset management, and managing the IT support provision contract. They will assist in budget and forecast preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
The Intermediate Accountant will be responsible for overseeing performance of a variety of accounting functions, while ensuring that the integrity of all financial information is recorded in compliance with GAAP and internal control policies. The successful candidate will be responsible for and involved in the day-to-day accounting activities, including analyzing records, preparing financial information and liaising with various departments. The Intermediate Accountant will assist in the completion of the quarterly Board Reporting package, to accurately reflect the financial state of the Society. The
Intermediate Accountant will review and contribute to the development and implementation of finance-related, company-wide policies and procedures, within the accounting team and across functional lines, in order to improve efficiency as well as recommend any necessary changes.
- · Designated CPA, or in the final stages of the CPA designation process OR 4 to 5+ years’ experience in a Intermediate accounting role where you have a mixture of accounting and analysis experience.
- · Experience with Sage ERP (ACCPAC) is an asset
- · Experience in the non-profit world an asset
- · Superior Excel and Outlook skills, and high computer proficiency
- · General knowledge of IT and Telephone infrastructure is desirable
- · Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- · Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills
- · Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills
- · Self-motivated, intuitive
- · Ability to work well within a diverse team.
- · Adaptable to changing priorities, tasks and internal conditions
- · Proven ability to prioritize projects and deliverables and interact effectively with cross-function teams
Start Date: July 1, 2021 or sooner
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: August 6, 2021, internal candidates will be contacted by August 6, 2021
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Tanbir Sahota, CFO.