Marketing & Communications Assistant – Temporary, Part Time – Canada Summer Jobs
MAY 5, 2021| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 21-054
Position: Marketing and Communication Assistant (8-week Summer Student Position)
Location: Panorama, Surrey
Hours: 28 hours/week
We are looking for a Marketing and Communication Assistant to join our Sources Empowered for Employment team! This individual must be flexible, creative, organized and enjoy reaching out to the community.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Empowered for Employment
Empowered for Employment (EFE) Services provide comprehensive supports to multi-barriered clients, survivors of violence and/or abuse, mature adults who are 55+, persons with disabilities, people at risk of or experiencing homelessness who want to make positive changes in their lives and prepare for successful transition to employment.
- 1. Assist with the processes of EFE Services including the support of job development service to program participants in the areas of their occupational choices, in terms of work practicum, employment, volunteer positions or further education opportunities.
- 2. Assist with the coordination of EFE program marketing on social media and in the community, expand connections with referral agencies, including organizing meetings and virtual presentations.
- 3. Assist with the maintaining and updating the employers’ database.
- 4. Other duties as required.
- · High School or Post-Secondary education.
- · Effective communication skills in speaking and writing.
- · Interest in marketing and graphic design.
- · Willingness to explore employment opportunities with businesses to expand our EFE employers’ database.
- · Passionate about supporting persons with multiple barriers to employment.
- · Good understanding of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- · A valid driver’s license and own vehicle is an asset but not a requirement.
Start Date: June 7, 2021
Closing Date: _May 21, 2021______, internal candidates will be contacted by __May 21, 2021____
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.