Child & Youth Special Needs Coordinator – Permanent, Part Time
September 21, 2021| INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 21-087
Position: Child/Youth with Support Needs Family Coordinator (CYSN)
Location: Parksville, Vancouver Island, B.C.
Hours: 35 hours per week – Permanent
Salary: Grid 14 $28.39 – $33.06
We are looking for a Child/Youth with Support Needs Family Coordinator to join our Sources Oceanside team!
The Child and Youth with Support Needs (CYSN) program provides peer-based social opportunities for children and youth with support needs. Groups focus on life-skills, social interactions as well as client needs and interests. In addition to groups, CYSN services offer one-on-one sessions with youth along with support for parents of children with support needs.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that provides help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George and Parksville, B.C. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, advocacy services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Oceanside is a multi-service organization, serving communities in the Oceanside corridor. With locations in Parksville and Qualicum Beach offering a well-established Child Development Centre as well as a wide range of Mental Health and Social Services. Our vision is that all children, youth and families live in a healthy environment.
Qualifications / Education / Training:
- · Bachelor’s degree in a related human / social service field (e.g., Social Work or Child and Youth Care), or diploma with extensive experience supporting families with support needs
- · Understanding of basic counselling skills and group dynamics.
- · Must possess valid B.C. Driver’s Licence, and reliable vehicle.
- · Clear Criminal Record Check and Driver’s Abstract.
- · Minimum of one (1) year recent related experience.
- · Minimum of one (1) year recent related experience with groups.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: Tuesday October 5, 2021.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Jane Allen; firstname.lastname@example.org.