Income Support Facilitator- Full Time Temporary
COMPETITION NO. 21-089
Position: Income Support Facilitator – Temporary until March 31, 2022
Location: Newton Resource Centre
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm, 35 hours per week
We are looking for an Income Support Facilitator to join our Sources Housing Support Services team and operate the Sources Rent Bank
This individual must be compassionate, assertive, and a team player.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
Sources Newton Resource Centre
The Newton Resource Centre offers a variety of services for individuals who a living in poverty including those who are homeless. These programs focus on supporting individuals to obtain and maintain essential income and living resources includng income assistance, other government benefits, and affordable rental housing. Our Housing Support Services assist individuals who are homeless and at imminent risk of homelessness. This team works collaboratively to address the unique and complex needs of each individual as well as works in partnership with other service providers in the community to address the needs of this target population.
- Assesses and plans course of action with clients,
- Facilitates accessing Rent Bank micro-loans by screening loan applicants, negotiating with landlords or other pertinent parties, processing of loan documents and determining eligibility for mirco-loans and providing information and referral for unqualified candidates, ensures all required documentation, due diligence and program requirements are met,
- Provides support, information, referral, completion of forms, written communications on behalf of the client, assistance with income assistance applications and accessing other government income support programs.
- Maintains and develops working relationships with government and other human serving organizations as well as maintains community relations and promotes the program as required.
- Maintains complete and accurate service files, documents, statistics and database records for all project activities and meets all reporting requirements.
· Minimum 2 years’ post-secondary education or equivalent experience in a related field
· Awareness of poverty related issues
· Knowledge of local community resources
· Vehicle, valid class 5 driver’s license and clean driving abstract
Start Date: ASAP until March 31,2022
Closing Date: October 1, 2021 Internal candidates will be contacted by October 1, 2021
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Jay Blaschuk, Housing Support Services Manager at email@example.com . Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.