Program Manager – Permanent, Full Time
SEPTEMBER 28, 2021 | EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 21-092
Position: Manager of Family Services
Location: Prince George
Hours: Permanent full-time (35 hours/week)
Sources is seeking a dynamic individual with strong leadership skills to join our Sources North team! The Manager of Family Services will oversee three programs: Behaviour Analysis Supervision Intervention & Consultation (BASIC), Family Preservation & Reunification North, and Family Services Northeast. As part of a larger team and also part of an organization providing services throughout BC, you will promote trauma informed practices, steward provision of excellent client care, and maintain and build collaborative relationships with funders and other community partners. Sources is accredited with Council on Accreditation and services are provided consistent with those high standards.
SOURCES is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, and Prince George for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At SOURCES we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
About the B.A.S.I.C. Program
Sources B.A.S.I.C. program provides evidence-based behaviour intervention, analysis and consultation services based on the principles of applied behaviour analysis and positive behaviour support.
Services are primarily provided to individuals with autism but are open to anyone else requiring support with challenging behaviour or skill deficits. Services are provided primarily in the Prince George area. This program also provides the clinical supervision required by individuals seeking certification through the Behaviour Analyst Certification Board. All services are clinically supervised by board-certified behaviour analysts to ensure services are evidence-based and to maximize behaviour change and skill acquisition.
About the Family Preservation & Reunification North (FPRN) and Family Services Northeast Programs (FSNE)
The FPRN and FSNE programs support families where the children are at risk of being removed, or have been removed. This includes providing individual support to families to address Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) concerns, teaching parenting skills, connecting families to needed services, and providing visitation to families whose children have been removed. The overall goal of the program is to help preserve the family and help create a safe environment so that the children may return to their caregivers.
- · Effectively and collaboratively communicate with stakeholders, including MCFD teams, parents/guardians, other service providers, and community partners.
- · Lead a team of approximately 10-15 staff, providing coaching, mentoring, and oversight. Creating a strong team environment is essential.
- · Review reporting and provide case management support to staff.
- · Occasional travel is needed to meet with staff and stakeholders in outlying communities.
- · Some administration duties are required.
- · Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Education, Behavioural Sciences, or another related field. Master’s degree in a human services field is an asset.
- · At least three years’ management experience.
- · Knowledge of MCFD protocol regarding Child Protection and Risk Assessment is an asset.
- · Experience and understanding of working with Indigenous communities and supports transformative reconciliation.
- · Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams and social service agencies.
- · Experience working with children with autism, supporting people with behaviour challenges, or other related experience.
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- · Criminal record check required.
- · Familiar and comfortable working with Microsoft Office products.
- · Must possess a valid BC Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle.
Start Date: ASAP
- · 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- · Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- · Employee & Family Assistance plan
- · Pension plan
- · Paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: October 8, 2021
Internal candidates will be contacted by: October 8, 2021
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.